Friday, November 18, 2011
A Bit of Business
2. A member of the Monocot family is a particular passion of this man.
3. In the most recent, 11th, entry in a long-running series, the author reveals that his detective has a phobia about (of all things) theaters.
4. This Detective Sergeant is legendary for a quick temper and abysmal fashion sense.
6. Despite his poor eating and exercise habits, this investigative journalist is apparently irresistible to women. Women in their 20s who prefer women, married women his own age, women in their 50s who have lived contentedly celibate lives for years; all these and more can't seem to resist this man.
7. This detective finds that long walks (not on the beach) help his thinking, especially if he's accompanied by his dog, Henri.
9. A drinker after my own heart, this PI imbibes gin martinis and objects to the vodka martini on principle. Among other quirks, the PI keeps two cellphones: one for incoming calls and the other for outgoing calls.
Speaking of drinking, there are many British detectives who like a pint and a dram. Can you identify each of these?
11. When he's on the wagon or working off a hangover, this detective grabs a can of Irn-Bru.
12. Once he was elevated to being the senior detective partner, this detective also graduated from drinking lemon or orange squash to a pint of bitter.
14. After a long day investigating crime, this detective likes nothing more than to sit by his fire drinking single-malt Scotch and listening to jazz.
15. This irascible detective is known for his love of real ale, his vintage Jaguar and cryptic crosswords.
Head to the Comments and give us your answers. Pose some quiz questions of your own, too, if you want.